Monday, December 15, 2008

The Healing Process



Mom says shes taking a new step in the healing process. I know it involved a lot of kleenex and she needed a lot of hugs this weekend. But hey I'm always good for a hug. Mom finally got to writing thank you notes to Dr. Gabby and the wonderful ladies who made my Sister Kiana so happy at the vet's office. Now that was a first. To see my sister wag her tail at the vet's office was just amazing.

Through all the tears tho Mom got to remember the happy times. The silly Kiana, the whining for treats, jumping on the counter and knocking the cookie jar off and mortifying mom, Kiana crying when one of the techs took another dog back and dragging mom across the room. These ladies are truly a god send. The connection they made with Kiana, my mom and dad was unbelievable. Kiana's tail never stopped wagging there. They made it a happy place for my sister. The gave mom and dad hope and joy and they gave her life. And for that, mom will always be thankful.

Rest in peace my sweet Sister. We all miss you.

I got to meet Dr. Gabby too and she liked that we had the same name. She said she's not as silly as me, but she let me kiss her and said I was a good girl too. Plus she always has cookies so she's good people.

2 comments:

Pam Lambros said...

bittersweet times...I know you are sad but I am glad you have the happy memories to fall back on.

The Oceanside Animals said...

What a pretty girl Kiana was.