Sunday, September 28, 2008

Testing Flirtie

Mom got us all up early and took us down to go test Flirtie. She said she wants to see if she's a real Dobe or not. Look at that nose, of course she's all Dobe. But mom insisted on going even tho Flirtie was barely old enough to enter - it takes a lot of mental maturity (ha ha Flirtie is mental but not mature). She qualified to enter by 1 day but mom didn't listen to her mentors who said to wait.

The test started out well: Friendly stranger!

Pass Shaking cans behind a van! A plus pass

Blank shot...didn't hear it, smelled goose poop, much more interesting. Pass


Holy crap, UMBRELLA EEK, what is that what is that? Oh touch it? Ok, Pass

Now Mom had to walk Flirtie across a tarp and an xpen. Flirtie is sure the xpen is

going to swallow her up whole at home...let's see how she does. PASS!

Now, the final test - the bad guy. So far out of 23 dogs, 3 have passed the test. Mom is showing the evaluator how nervous she is.


Flirtie says I SPY you bad guy! Look at me pull on Mom's leash to get you! Stay away bad man stay away!

I see you moving across the lawn, I will protect my mom!!! Here I am, you can't get to my mom without going through me!



SHITTTTTTTTTTT Mom he's running at me swinging a stick !!!! You get him first!!!



Wait, Mom I think I got it, I think I can get close enough......Mom is praying to all the gods that Sister Flirtie just crosses her feet again and she passes...can she do it??

Almost there...but a few inches shy of passing. Mom was so proud of Sister Flirt. Even the evaluator said she did great for a puppy and told Mom she needs to come back next year when she is grown up.





The bad stranger portion has 4 portions to test Sister Flirtie got an A+ on one section, an A on the other to, but an F on the third.

Everybody thought I was pretty cute tho even tho I'm a Vizsla. The shots went off and I started SCREAMING BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS and pulling at my leash, ears up, lips curled....that wasn't very nice of mom to fool me.

Mom got a video of the scary stranger so you can see what happens. This is not Flirtie tho but another Dobe. Only 5 out of 30 Dobes passed today.


4 comments:

Pam Lambros said...

Good job Flirtie. You will get it next time.

The Red Dawn Vizslas

The Oceanside Animals said...

Very interesting, I've never seen all these tests before! We've inadvertantly done the "scary stranger" test with Tucker at home and he ran away too.

Delilah and Rocket said...

Well s*it I hope you don't get an intruder in the house for another year! {oh that made me laugh so hard}

What kind of test was this? I've never seen this but it's very interesting.

Rocket would have plowed over the friendly stranger, ate the umbrella, sniffed the cans for food, jumped in the air at the shot and run like hell from the scary man and put grass stains on my jeans!

You rock Flirt! keep up the good work.

I'm Gabby said...

This is our Doberman Temperament Test called the Working Aptitude Evaluation. The dogs usually fail the umbrella or the scary stranger part.